How your computer communicates with other computers whit the help of IP address (TCP /IP)
To make it easier to manage TCP/IP settings, we recommend using automated Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). DHCP automatically assigns Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to the computers on your network, if your network supports it. If you use DHCP, then you don’t have to change your TCP/IP settings if you move your computer to another location, and DHCP doesn’t require you to manually configure TCP/IP settings, such as Domain Name System (DNS) and Windows Internet Name Service (WINS). To enable DHCP or change other TCP/IP settings, follow these steps:
How to configure IP Settings
- You have many ways to Open Network Connections. but I want to open whit start menu. Clicking the Startbutton, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, Type adapter, then, Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Now click on change adapter settings the next page will be open and then Right-click the connection that you want to Change, and move down then Click Properties.
- Ok Click the Networking Under This connection uses the following items, click either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or select (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties.
The Network Connection Properties page is open.
- To specify IPv4 IP address settings, do one of the following:
- To get IP settings automatically using DHCP, click Obtain an IP address automatically, and then clickOK.
- To specify an IP address, click Use the following IP address, and then, in the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gatewayboxes, type the IP address settings.
- To specify IPv6 IP address settings, do one of the following:
- To get IP settings automatically using DHCP, click Obtain an IPv6 address automatically, and then clickOK.
- To specify an IP address, click Use the following IPv6 address, and then, in the IPv6 address, Subnet prefix length, and Default gatewayboxes, type the IP address.
- To specify DNS server address settings, do one of the following:
- To get a DNS server address automatically using DHCP, click Obtain DNS server address automatically, and then clickOK.
- To specify a DNS server address, click Use the following DNS server addresses, and then, in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.
The Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties dialog box
- To change or Edit advanced DNS, WINS, and IP settings, so click
- Ok let’s go to check IP address with CMD First open the CMD window and then type ipconfig. wait for a short time it will be show your IP address. and close the window.
Successfully you have done. Now you can connect your computer with any other system
I wish success for dear. If you want to know clearly kindly watch the video .