A firewall can help prevent hackers or malicious software (such as worms) from gaining access to your computer through a network or the Internet. A firewall can also help stop your computer from sending malicious software to other computers.
You can customize four settings for each type of network location in Windows Firewall. To find these settings, follow these steps. Ok let’s go, now I want to show you.
Windows Firewall Settings.
1. Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start menu, then clicking Control Panel. Or (Windows + X + P. In the search box, type firewall, and then click Windows Firewall.
2. Allow an app or feature through windows firewall.
In the left pane, click on allow an app or feature through windows firewall. If you want to bring changes, for example disable or enable any program such as notepad or any other. When you open first click on change settings then select the programs that you want to change. And then go down and click on ok.
- Turn on/off Windows Firewall
This setting is selected by default. When Windows Firewall is on, most programs are blocked from communicating through the firewall. If you want to allow a program to communicate through the firewall, you can add it to the list of allowed programs. For example, you might not be able to send photos, projects or any personal folder. Ok if you want to send or receive, some things so click on. Turn on windows firewall or if you don’t want click on. Turn off windows firewall.
4. Block inbound or Outbound Rule programs windows firewall.
This setting blocks the inbound or outbound rules of program, unsolicited attempts to connect to your computer. Use this setting when you need maximum protection for your computer, such as when you connect to a public network in a company or airport, or when a computer worm is spreading over the Internet. With this setting, you aren’t notified when Windows Firewall blocks programs, and programs in the list.
5. Inbound Rules
1. First of all go to inbound rules. And right click on inbound and then click on New rule .
2. Select the type of firewall rule to create program part custom, select programs.
3. Click on brows then fined your program when you selected click on Next button.
4. Go down and then choose on block the connection and click on next
5. Choose all of them and then click on next.
6. Type the name and description of this rule. Then click on next.
When you block all incoming connections, you can still view most webpages,
If you select this check box, Windows Firewall will inform you when it blocks a new program and give you the option of unblocking that program.
- Troubleshoot my network
Troubleshoot my network it will be show you the internet connection, home group, sharing folder and any other ok now click on Troubleshoot my network.
Successfully you have done windows firewall settings.
I wish success for you dear and if you want to know clearly. kindly watch the video
by lutfullah moqadam