Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) is a server role in Active Directory that allows admins to manage and store information about resources from a network, as well as application data, in a distributed database. AD DS can also help admins manage a network’s elements (computers and end users) and reorder them into a custom hierarchy. You it’s one of the most important parts of networking. Now I want to show you how to install Active Directory Services in Windows 2012 R2. Ok let’s go to start installation of Active Directory.
How to Install Active Directory Services:
- First of all click on manage, and then select add rules and features, when you have click waiting for a short time the next page will be open.
- Before you being: ok when you open this page, this wizard helps you to install roles, roles services or roles features and then click on the next button.
- Installation type: select the installation type you can install roles and features on running physical Computer <select the Role-based or feature-based installation> and then click on
- Server selection: choose the first one <select a server from the server pool> and click next.
- Server roles: when you open the server roles page, select <Active Directory Domain Services and> then click on next, the small page will open click on add <features> again click on next <AD DS> page will open.
- Ok, when you opened the <AD DS> page then click on
- Now if you want to restart your system automatically, click on <Restart the Destination Server Automatically if Require> and then click Now active directory will install.
- When you have been finished installation of active directory. Then click, on Promote his Server to a Domain Controller, the next page will be opened.
- Deployment Configuration: Now select the deployment operation, choose the third one Add a new forest, and then type the root domain name, and click on next.
- Domain controller option: it give’s automatically the forest and domain functional level, you must to select the domain name system (DNS) server, then, type your password that you want, and click, on next.
- Dns option: specify DNS delegation option, now click next.
- Additional options: Now it will give’s the <NetBios> domain name automatically then click on next.
- Paths: specify the location of the AD DS database, click next the next will open.
- Review options: now in this page it will show you the all of information about the active directory such as new domain name, NetBios and any other information. Then click next.
- Prerequisites check: prerequisites need to be validated before Active Directory Domain Services is installed on this computer then click on install.
- Results: this server was installed successfully configured as a domain control. Now click on close
- You’re about to be signed out: the active directory domain Services was installed. Now you must to restart your computer, click on close it will be restart.
How To Configure Active Directory Domain Services.
When you installed active directory, click on tools then come down and then click on Active Directory Users and Computers, waiting for a short time the next page will open.
Successfully you have open the active directory users and computer, now open techbal.local then you can add or remove a new user or any new group such as clients group, company group and any others.
Successfully you have done installation of active directory domain services.
I wish success for you dear if you want to know clearly kindly watch the video may be it is better.
By lutfullah moqadam