Desktop icon: An icon is a small graphical representation of a program or file. That, when clicked on, will be run or opened. Icons are used with Graphical User Interface <GUI>, operating systems, such as Microsoft windows and any others. So how to add desktop icons in windows server
How to add desktop icons
Ok now I want to show you how to add desktop icons in windows sever 2012 R2
- Let’s go to start configuration. First all, you’ll have to go into Server Manager and click to manage when you opened then select add roles and futures now waiting for a short time the roles and features wizard page will open.
- Before you being: the first part of features wizard page is before you being when you opened this page click on <next> then the next page will open.
- installation type: select the installation type you can install role and features on a running computer or virtual machine, now you must to select the first one it means (role-based or feature based installation) and then click next.
- server selection: select a sever to install roles and features, now click on <select server from the server pool>, when you selected then click next. the server roles page will open dirctlly click the next button.
- features: when you open features page, come down and click on user interfaces and infrastructure, when you open it then click on desktop icons the small page will open, and click on add feature .
- now again it will come back in features page click on next button. The confirmation page will open and then click on install it will installing, wait for a short time it will be completed.
- Result: view installation progress, when you complete installation click on close. See successfully you have done installation now click on close.
- Now you can display the desktop icons. Right click on your screen and then select then personalize then click on change desktop icons and then select all of them and click Ok, if you can’t kindly once restart your computer and try again to display your icons.
Successfully you have done I wish success for you dear. Best of luck